These healthy Valentine’s Day snack bites are the perfect little treat for the holiday. These healthy no-bake snack bites are easy, fun, and a great mix of sweet and salty that everyone in the family will love.
Easy Valentine’s Day Snack Bites
We are a big fan of snack bites around our house. They are so fast to make, fun and a great healthy treat. Great for lunches, after school snacks or just a fun treat and super versatile!
These snack bites are also a fun way to get your kid into the kitchen. Using simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and a few Valentine’s Day colors, your snack bites will come together in no time.
If you like no-bake snack bites, try my chocolate chip oatmeal banana bites that have chia seeds in them, my nutty no bake peanut butter oatmeal bites, or my chocolate walnut protein bites that taste just like a fudgy brownie!
Ingredients For Valentine’s Day Snack Bites
- 1 Cup Oats- Any oats will work
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter- Smooth or crunchy works too!
- ¼ Cup Honey- This can be adjusted to taste to make sweeter, or less sweet
- ¼ Cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ Cup Valentine’s Day Colored Chocolate Candies- Red, white, pink or purple!
- Optional: Sprinkles for fun!
Wait, All The Ingredients Go In One Bowl All At Once?
Yup! Everything but the sprinkles can be poured all in one bowl all at once and then mixed. This recipe is really easy to make with young children. The sprinkles should be added last after the dough is rolled.
Do I Have To Chill The Dough?
Your dough is ready to eat as soon as it is mixed, but will be really soft. It’s best to chill the dough first before snacking so the bites hold their shape.(taste testing is fine though of course!)
How Long Can I Store These Valentine’s Day Snack Bites?
These Valentine’s Day snack bites will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
This snack can also be stored in the freezer for several months in a freezer-safe bag. You can eat these bites straight out of the freezer, or let them soften for about five minutes on the counter first.
Easy Snack Bite Recipe Variations
- You can substitute the peanut butter– any kind of nut butter for peanut butter including almond butter, cashew butter, and even sunflower seed butter to make it nut-free!
- You can swap the chocolate candies for white chocolate, dark chocolate, or even chocolate chips if you prefer. Peanut chocolate candies are delicious!
- Easily swap the colors for other holidays– green for St. Patrick’s Day, or pastel for Easter!
- Instead of sunflower seeds– Try green pumpkin seeds or even bits of peanuts in place of sun-flower seeds for another delicious crunch.
- Instead of coconut- try dried cranberries or dried cherries for a fruitier taste that goes great with the chocolate.
Do I Need To Use A Scoop When Making These Valentine’s Snack Bites?
You can easily roll these snack bites with your hands. Using a small dough scoop does help to keep the bites consistent in size if you happen to have one.
If you hold the dough too long in your hands, eventually the color on the candies might start to bleed a little from the heat of your hands.
Rolling your dough quickly keeps them from melting on your hands like all chocolate candies do eventually. (even the candies that say they don’t, haha!) It’s also why it’s a good idea to add sprinkles at the end after rolling your dough.
If you love sweet Valentine’s Day treats, you should try my Heart Shaped Strawberry Pop Tarts. Make them with or without the frosting, and you can bake them in the oven or make them in the air fryer. Or for another fast and easy treat, try these Homemade Pretzel Turtles made with Rolos and decorated for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Snack Bites For Kids
- 1 Cup Oats
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Cup Colored Chocolate Candies Pick Valentine's Day Colors!
- Sprinkles for fun! Optional:
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine oats, peanut butter, honey, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut and chocolate candies (everything except sprinkles) and mix well.
- Press mixture into a tight round ball, rolling until about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Optional: Place heart sprinkles on each bite.
- Store in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up, or 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Take out and enjoy your snack!
- If your dough is too sticky to roll:
Try putting it in the fridge for 20 minutes, and then rolling.
- You can also extra oats to help the dough firm. Add a tablespoon at a time until the dough easily rolls.
- Using a cookie scoop can help you to roll balls that are round and even.
Other Ideas You Will Love
Valentine’s Day Jokes For Kids– Add these jokes to Valentine’s Day cards, lunchboxes, or just to make your kid giggle!
Valentine’s Day Lunch Box Jokes (Free Printable!) Print and slide these silly jokes into your kid’s lunch box.
Yogurt Heart Snack Bites- These easy yogurt snack bites are another great at-home treat for Valentine’s Day for young children.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to give it a star rating so others know how delicious it was, and tell me about it in the comments!