Move over granola bars, these no bake chocolate chip energy balls are in town. So many tiny kids have trouble making it all the way through a big bar, that a fun little ball like this can be a great bite-sized snack.
Even better this chocolate chip energy bite recipe doesn’t require any time in the oven and are super simple to make with just a few simple ingredients.
How To Make Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Bites
Don’t lose this recipe! Enter your email below and we will email this recipe to you, plus more yummy recipes weekly.
So in our kitchen, the kid has been asking to help more often. She has always been welcome in the kitchen, but lately, she wants to get up in the sink to rinse in the colander, peak more in the stove and get right up there in the bowl where I’m mixing.
She’s always welcome, but it can be a bit nerve-wracking with a kid underfoot. Take your time and go easy on the recipes, which is where these no-bake chocolate chip energy bites are perfect.
One of the prized kid jobs in the kitchen? It’s without a doubt mixing the bowl. Sure cracking eggs is fun, but that only lasts for a minute or so.
Mixing the bowl is where the real magic happens, and where the recipe starts to become magic in the bowl. That magic doesn’t happen though without a little mess on the floor and the counter that I’ll be cleaning until next week.
I’d like to say I’m super patient in the kitchen, but I’m not always. It’s hard when you need to cook quick or they just aren’t listening and are dancing by the stove sometimes.
But I’ve been trying to make more of an effort to cook together. This is a great recipe to make together, plus the banana and peanut butter snack combo? Delicious!
One more thing! While we do reach for the packaged bars in our house sometimes, mixing it up between packaged and homemade will bring lots of smiles, and these no bake chocolate chip energy bites also freeze nicely so make’m in a big batch! 🙂 Chocolate chip energy bites for dayssssss I’m telling you!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup peanut butter Use your favorite nut butter or nut butter alternative (such as sunbutter for example)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds This is optional, but packs a little extra nutritional punch!
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Peel banana and place in a bowl. Mash banana with the back of a fork, taking care to break apart any chunks.
- Add peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and chia seeds. to the bowl Stir until mixed well then add oats and chocolate chips. Mix everything until combined.
- Roll into round balls with about two tablespoons per ball. This is about the size of a ping pong ball. Place on a baking tray or plate.
- Chill the snack bites in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set, then enjoy!
More Recipes You Will Love:
So have you been on the energy bites wagon or are you more of a bar family? What other flavor combos would you like to try?