Looking for healthy breakfast ideas for kids that will fill them up? Whether you’re looking for a healthy breakfast for school, ideas to feed breakfast to picky toddler you will find lots of ideas here! These breakfast recipes are delicious and keep your whole family feeling full and ready to take on the day!
Healthy Breakfasts Ideas For Kids
*This post may contain affiliate links to products we love. If you purchase something after clicking one of our links we make a small fee. See our affiliate policy here.
While I find many parents focus on what’s for dinner, starting your kids off right with a healthy and yummy breakfast is a great way to start their day. While mornings can feel hectic, having something ready to grab and go can make breakfast faster.
Many of these recipes are perfect for making on the weekend and reheating all week. Stock your freezer, heat up in the microwave and you’re out the door with a piece of fruit on the side.
What is a healthy breakfast for school?
A healthy breakfast before school should include a mix of protein, fat, fiber and if possible a fruit or vegetable. Many of these breakfast ideas can be made before school or can be made on the weekend and frozen ahead to reheat throughout the week.
Pair some fruit with these recipes for a complete meal for most fo these ideas. In our family we like half a banana or a handful of berries when we are feeling sleepy.
Sugar is always on my radar personally for kids as too much can spike their blood sugar and leave them hungry before lunch. I try to keep added sugar content low for breakfast.
We totally have yummy treats for dessert in our family too, but breakfast is one place I feel like I can easily encourage less sugar without much extra effort.
What Is The Fastest Healthy School Breakfast
When I haven’t cooked ahead and my freezer is empty? Our go-to quick and healthy breakfast is:
- a slice of whole grain toast or a whole grain english muffin with a little real butter
- a kid-sized handful of nuts
- a kid-sized handful of berries or half a banana
Can Kids Help Cook These Healthy Breakfast Recipes?
Yes, many of these healthy breakfast recipes are great ways to get kids in the kitchen. I prefer to cook with my kid on the weekend and freeze extras for the week. Some of these ideas like microwave eggs are great for older kids to make themselves throughout the week even on a busy morning.
Make big batches of some of these recipes your family likes on the weekends. Recipes like the pancakes, muffins and even egg bites freeze well for quick breakfasts all week.
1. Super Fluffy Almond Milk Pancakes
2. Cranberry Maple Granola
3. One Bowl Healthy Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
4. Sausage Egg Muffin Cups With Veggies Recipe
5. Breakfast Quesadillas- Broccoli Cheese
6. Mini Microwave French Toast
7. Easy Caprese Egg Breakfast (Ready In 30 Seconds!)
8. Easy Overnight Oats
9. Strawberry Scones
10. 2 Minute Microwave Scrambled Eggs
11. Pear “Donuts” With Yogurt
12. Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bars
13. Strawberry Overnight Oats
14. Smashed Eggs On Toast
15. Frozen Yogurt Bites
Photo credit: thismamacooks.com
16. Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
17. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait With Quinoa
18. Almond Butter Granola
19. Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
20. Taco Breakfast Cups
21. Healthy Breakfast Donuts
22. Easy Green Spinach Pancakes With Mint Chocolate Chip
More Healthy Recipes You Will Love
Did you make one of these recipes? Have your own favorite healthy breakfast ideas for kids that your family loves? Tell us all about it down in the comments!