Easy green spinach pancakes without using any food dyes! Make this fluffy green spinach pancakes recipe for a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, Christmas or just to add a little fun into your family breakfast.
This pancake recipe adds a little bit of extra healthy veggies to your breakfast. Most kids won’t even think twice about the spinach when they hear mint chocolate chip pancakes are on the menu. These pancakes come out a vibrant green color that kids love!
Don’t lose this recipe! Enter your email below and we will email this recipe to you, plus more yummy recipes weekly.
Table of Contents
How To Make Green Spinach Pancakes In Mint Chocolate Chip
Green spinach pancakes are so fun! This green spinach pancake recipe is one I always start pulling out around Christmas time, but we also like to make it for St. Patrick’s Day breakfast idea.
Every now and then we make these easy green pancakes just because it’s Saturday morning brunch.
I have never been of the mindset that I wanted to be sneaky about vegetables with my kid. But boosting up your kid’s veggie intake (and your’s too!) with these easy green spinach pancakes doesn’t hurt anyone either.
Related Recipe: Try these Mini Pink Raspberry Pancake Kabobs, also made pink with no food dye!
I think it’s important to still offer your kids other veggies on their plate even if they are a picky eater. If your child asks if spinach is in the pancakes to be honest. But usually, as soon as they get that first bite? All kids are thinking about is yum, green pancakes!
Why Make Green Spinach Pancakes
Green pancakes are great for a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, Christmas breakfast or just for fun. These are also fun pancakes for kids, especially who are picky eaters.
Other Names For Green Pancakes
We’ve called these pancakes by a more than one name to make it fun! Sometimes a fun name helps kids, and can make mealtime more fun for young kids- especially for picky eaters.
Leprechaun Pancakes – Try adding this Rainbow snack to complete the leprechaun theme!
Oscar The Grouch Pancakes
We’ve also used our DYLbug plate and created a leprechaun using these pancakes.
Now let’s make some spinach pancakes!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Easy Green Spinach Pancakes With Mint Chocolate Chip
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup milk non dairy milk such as almond or coconut milk can also be subsituted
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey maple syrup also works as a subsitution
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- butter for greasing the pan
- In a blender, mix milk, fresh spinach, mint extract and vanilla together until it becomes a liquid. Blend until the spinach is blended well with no pieces.
- Add to your blender mixture honey, olive oil, vanilla and egg. Pulse five to six times or gently mix ingredients together.
- In a bowl combine flour and baking powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine wet blender ingredients with flour and baking powder.
- Whisk your batter together well until all lumps are gone and the batter is smooth, then add the chocolate chips.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and melt some of the butter. Working in small batches, use a quarter cup measuring cup to add green spinach pancake batter onto hot pan. Add more butter as needed between batches.
- Flip spinach pancakes when they begin to bubble. Pancakes will take a minute or two on each side.
- Continue to work in small batches until pancakes are finished, then enjoy!
Have a question or did you make this green spinach pancake recipe for your family? Ask or tell us about it in the comments below, or use the stars and leave me a recipe rating. I’d be so grateful!