These easy, pumpkin chocolate cookies are soft, chewy and delicious with a cold glass of milk. These are the world’s BEST pumpkin cookies, and always have rave reviews!
The perfect fall dessert, my family requests these yummy cookies often, especially when the leaves start changing colors. These soft cookies are packed with cinnamon and nutmeg flavor that makes them cozy and delicious.
Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
My husband is a pumpkin pie fanatic. As soon as September starts, he’s ready to bring all the pumpkin into our house. Our kid is now quickly following in his footsteps.
So when I make a batch of these pumpkin cookies, they both are pretty happy.
Soft pumpkin cookies that are buttery, and a little chewy, yum!
These pumpkin cookies have the right combo of sweet, warm, and cozy. Light and fluffy, these cookies melt in your mouth.
I just bet these cookies will quickly become one of your favorite recipes too!
If you love pumpkin spice, you need to check out my pumpkin oatmeal cookies. They are a chewy pumpkin cookie full of everything you love about pumpkin spice and oatmeal cookies, and they even have chocolate chips too! You can also check out my list of all of my Favorite Pumpkin Desserts perfect for fall!
Can I Use Fresh Pumpkin Instead of Canned?
Sure you absolutely can use fresh pumpkin. Fresh pumpkin holds a little more water then canned pumpkin does, so you may want to pat it with a clean towel a little before adding it to the cookies.
But if you prefer a chewier cookie, even with canned pumpkin it can be worth the extra few minutes to blot the pumpkin with a paper towel. Pumpkin holds a lot of moisture, which can make the cookie a little more cakey. Blotting the cookie helps to get more of a chewy texture- but it’s not required.
Can I freeze these pumpkin cookies?
I haven’t frozen the dough raw for these cookies, but I don’t see why you couldn’t freeze this cookie dough. I have frozen these cookies after baking and they still taste delicious once you defrost them. I defrost them on the counter, but we sometimes pop them in the toaster oven for a minute or so to make them extra gooey.
Love chocolate? Try my Chocolate Whoopie Pies With Cream Cheese Frosting, they are like a cross between a sandwich cookie and a cupcake! Or try my chocolate chip cookie sticks which are perfect for dunking!
Other Ideas To Mix Into these cookies
These pumpkin cookies are delicious, but there are a few other ingredients you can mix into these cookies. Here’s some ideas we’ve tried:
- Cinnamon chips subbed for half the chocolate chips
- Nutmeg- We prefer less nutmeg in our pumpkin, but if you like more of a nutmeg flavor you can increase it to 1/2 a teaspoon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- Substitute this for the cinnamon and nutmeg
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Spoon or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Large egg
- 1 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium sizedmixing bowl (or with an electric mixer!) cream together the granulated sugar ,brown sugar, and butter until fluffy.
- Measure the pumpkin and blot well with two paper towels to remove any extra moisture. (I blot the pumpkin twice with two seperate paper towels) Add pumpkin, vanilla and egg to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- In the large mixing bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add this dry mixture to your wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips into the batter using the silicone spatula.
- Place scoops of cookie dough on your parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. You can use a cookie scoop (a medium scoop holds about 2 ½ tablespoons of dough.)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cooked through but still a little gooey! They will continue to cook on the pan a little after you take them out of the oven. Enjoy!
Leave any questions or comments you have about these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies down below, and make sure to rate this recipe so others know how delicious it is too!