Holy moly, this easy apple dessert pizza is one of those desserts that just stops people in their tracks. Part apple crisp, part pizza this dessert is full of cinnamon and sweet apples with a buttery crumble topping. It’s all the fun of pizza with gooey, buttery fall apple flavor mixed into one!
*This post may contain affiliate links to products we love. If you purchase something after clicking one of our links we make a small fee. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See our affiliate policy here.
Does your family have a pizza night? We have pizza many Friday nights to end the week. I decided to change things up for fall and make an apple crisp style pizza to go with our normal Friday routine.
It’s a baking sheet friendly apple crisp! I used to sometimes eat a dessert like this at Pizza Hut when I was a kid. I’m not sure if they still even have it, it’s been so long since I’ve been to Pizza Hut. But this dessert may just pull up a little nostalgia for all of my fellow Book-it kids. (But this version is so much better than I remember!)
This sweet cinnamon apple dessert really knocked the socks off Friday with tender, warm apples, and lots of sweet cinnamon and sugar. The family loved it, and it’s great for any small group.
It’s also a great dessert to have kids help you make, or to make after a trip to the apple orchard.
What Kind Of Dough Do You Use?
I used my favorite dough for this pizza. It’s a two-ingredient yogurt dough with no rising or proofing required. This pizza dough comes together fast and means you’ll have dough on the pizza pan faster then you could order out.
If you already have a favorite pizza dough or a store-bought pizza dough, either of those can be swapped in this recipe too. You can try my more traditional homemade pizza dough recipe, just make sure to leave out the Italian herbs in the recipe.
Love apple desserts? Try my super yummy Cozy Apple Walnut Cake or my Apple Cider Doughnut cake. For a more decadent dessert try these gooey Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars! Or serve apple for breakfast and make Mini Baked Apple Cider Doughnut Holes or this amazingly easy Slow Cooker Apple Butter.
I had a friend who tested this recipe for me. I asked her how the recipe went and her response was “don’t mind me, just enjoying a little slice of heaven over here. ” Here was her photo she sent me, yum!
What type of apples should I use?
Apples come in all different varieties. Some are great for baking, some are best for eatting fresh, and some are good for both! Here’s a few apples that are great for baking, and would be delicious in this pizza (and also are delicious for these apple crisp cookie cups!)
- Mutsu (also known as Crispin sometimes)
- Pink Lady
- Golden Delicious
- Granny Smith
I originally created this recipe for my first cookbook, Kid Chef Bakes For The Holidays. It’s packed full of yummy fun and seasonal recipes just like this apple pizza that kids will love to bake. You can check out some of the other sample recipes from this book:
Chocolate Whoopie! Pies With Vanilla Frosting
Fresh Raspberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Easy Bursting Blueberry Galettes (Pies!)
Ideas To Top And Serve This Apple Dessert Pizza
This apple pizza is a delicious dessert all on its own. If you like things crunchy, some chopped pecans would be delicious sprinkled on top. I’d chop them up and mix them into the crumble.
This dessert is best served warm and gooey. After the apple dessert is baked you can top it with a drizzle of caramel. Whipped cream or even a small scoop of ice cream would be totally delicious. A sprinkle of powdered sugar through a fine-meshed sieve would also be really pretty!
For a crowd, try cutting this dessert pizza into smaller squares instead of pizza slices.
Easy Apple Dessert Pizza
- Cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Small bowl
- Rolling pin
- Silicone brush
- Pastry cutter or fork
- wire cooling rack or kitchen towel
For the Dough
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cup self-rising flour + more for rolling
For the Apple Filling
- 2 apples diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
For the Crumble Topping
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
Make The Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together self-rising flour and Greek yogurt until combined. Add a handful of flour to a clean kitchen counter.
- Place the dough ball on the counter, kneading with hands for one to 2 minutes, adding more flour as needed to keep it from sticking to the counter. Flip and stretch the dough until it stretches easily like a pizza dough.
- Sprinkle flour on your rolling pin and counter so it won’t stick to the dough. Roll the dough into a sheet, adding more flour as needed. Roll the dough into a circle that is 9 to 10 inches across.
- On the edge make a crust by rolling about an inch of dough in all the way around your pizza. Carefully move the dough to a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Prepare the apples
- Dice 2 green apples into ¼-inch chunks. In a medium bowl mix cinnamon, sugar, and flour. Add the apples to your bowl and toss in the cinnamon mixture.
Prepare the buttery crumble topping
- In a medium bowl, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and a pinch of salt, then mix well until combined. Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the oats mixture. Push butter through the prongs over and over again, mixing it into your dry mixture to make the crumble. This takes a few minutes, but your dry ingredients will go from being dry to being crumbly-looking without any dry bits at all.
Bake the Pizza
- Spread the apple mixture on the dough evenly, keeping it off the crust edge. Next sprinkle the oat mixture all over the apples. Place the apple pizza in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Check right in the center to make sure the dough is cooked all the way through. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe or have a question? Be sure to leave a star rating in the comments section!