These roasted baby carrots with honey make the perfect tender carrots with just the right amount of sweetness. This is the perfect quick side dish that goes with so many dinners, and the prep time is super fast.
Don’t lose this recipe! Enter your email below and we will email this recipe to you, plus more yummy recipes weekly.
Do you ever have those days where you’re pulling dinner together. You’re in a groove, you’ve got a protein like pork roast or crispy chicken thighs ready to go and suddenly you’re stuck needing just one more thing to fill out the dinner.
Roasting a pan full of vegetables is usually my go to. This carrot recipe is low prep, fast and delicious.
These roasted baby carrots with honey are especially nice because it tends to make pickier eaters happy for one. I almost always have a bag of baby carrots hanging out in the fridge which makes honey roasted carrots an easy recipe to fall back on.
Table of Contents
Ingredients For Roasted Carrots With Honey
- Carrots– I’ve used baby carrots because they tend to be more naturally sweet, and because they are low prep. Regular carrots peeled and chopped into even pieces also work in this recipe.
- Olive oil- Avocado oil is also a great substitute, but you need some oil to keep the butter from burning at the higher temperature
- Butter– Brings out the flavor of the carrots
- Honey- Adds just the right amount of sweetness to the glaze. Real maple syrup can also be substituted in a pinch, or for babies under one year old.
- Granulated garlic – You can use garlic salt, but I’ve found my results are usually either too garlicky or not enough with garlic salt.
- Chopped parsley and cracked black pepper– This is an optional Garnish
How To Make Roasted Baby Carrots With A Honey Glaze
- Mix The Glaze– Melt the butter and mix together with the oil, honey, garlic and salt
- Coat The Carrots– Rinse and dry the carrots well, then toss them in the glaze in a mixing bowl.
- Spread Carrots On The Pan- Spread the carrots in a single layer and the glaze onto a rimmed baking sheet. Parchment paper or aluminum foil can help so cleanup is simpler.
- Roast and enjoy– Slide the carrots into a preheated oven to 400 degrees and roast for 30-40 minutes. Carrots should be soft when you pierce with a fork. A little brown is ok on the carrots, but don’t let them become black. Season with salt and pepper to taste over the cooked carrots, or fresh parsley before serving.
How Many People Does A Pound Of Carrots Serve?
A pound of carrots as a side dish will serve between 4-6 people. If the carrots are the only side dish I would lean towards assuming this recipe will feed four. If you have multiple side dishes at dinner, you can stretch your estimate to six people per pound of carrots.
This is also a great recipe to use if you have a lot of baby carrots.
Should You Steam Carrots Before Roasting?
The honey can really heat up in this recipe and we don’t want the carrots to burn. You can steam or par boil your carrots before roasting but only for a few minutes. Making the carrots too soft will cause them to be gloopy once you add the glaze.
If you steam or parboil your carrots when you roast them you only need to do so for a few minutes.
In this recipe, we’ve mixed the butter and oil half and half. This helps to keep your carrots from charring too much while still giving them the sweeter flavor roasting will give carrots. Steaming or par boiling isn’t necessary, but some families prefer it.
What To Serve Roasted Baby Carrots With
These roasted baby carrots go with so many different dinners! Here are a few of our favorites.
Classic Meatloaf – This classic beef meatloaf pairs deliciously with these easy carrots.
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins– Mini meatloaf muffins and baby carrots is a match made in kid-friendly heaven! Perfect for dinner.
Turkey Burger Sliders– While the burgers are grilling, pop the carrots in the oven for an easy side dish.
Glazed Ham– This sunday or holiday style honey orange glazed ham is excellent with these carrots. Even though they both have sweetness, neither dish is so sweet it is too much. Serve with a green salad too and you’re done!
Lemon Garlicy Roasted Greek Potatoes– Fork tender and delicious, these roasted potatoes go with everything!
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Potatoes– These twice-baked potatoes are stuffed with gooey cheese and broccoli, and are oh so delicious!
Roasted Baby Carrots With Honey
- Baking sheet pan
- Foil or parchment paper
- Medium sized bowl
- Silicone spatula
- 1 pound baby carrots rinsed and dried well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chopped parsley and a little cracked black pepper Optional Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line the pan with parchment paper of aluminum foil sprayed lightly with pan spray.
- Rinse and dry the carrots well, then place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour the honey mixture over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until carrots are tender. Check by piercing a carrot with a fork to make sure they are tender. Roasting time may vary depending on the size of the carrots.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley if desired.