Peeps S’mores dip is a super easy Easter dessert that kids and adults will both love. Simple and very colorful, this marshmallow and chocolate dessert is then baked to gooey perfection. Use classic graham crackers or your favorite butter cookies for dipping.
Peeps are one of those Easter desserts that always signal that the Easter holiday is on the way when I start seeing them in stores.
*This post may contain affiliate links to products we love. If you purchase something after clicking one of our links we make a small fee. See our affiliate policy here.
Peeps are marshmallows shaped in fun shapes, covered in colored sugar to make a sweet treat. So when you pair them with melty, gooey chocolate and graham crackers they are pretty an unstoppable Easter dessert recipe.
This peeps dessert is fast, and an easy dessert to let kids cook in the kitchen too. With only a few steps you create a dip that is a real showstopper for your family. Just add chocolate chips to your pan, arrange peeps on top and bake at 350 degrees.
Make your kids laugh with 50+ Silly Easter Jokes while you enjoy your dip together. Use your plastic easter eggs to make these fun Easter Egg Popsicles, or Dye Easter Eggs with Rice with this no-mess method!
Easy Ingredient Swaps For Peeps S’mores Dip
To make this fun Easter treat, you need three things. A meltable gooey filling, peeps marshmallows, and graham crackers. But if you’re missing one of the ingredients, or just want to mix up your flavors, here are a few fast swaps.
Swaps For Graham Crackers
There are so many different things you can dip in this Easter dip! You can even combine a few of these ideas for a fun platter.
- Mini graham cracker cookies – these bunny grahams would be fun!
- Butter cookies or shortbread– growing up my grandma always had these Danish butter cookies
- Sugar wafers – Sugar wafers are available in a few different flavors like vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. I like the vanilla the best myself.
- Cinnamon cookies– Trader Joes has my favorite cinnamon cookies
- Animal crackers– These bug bites cookies are similar and feel very spring.
- Fruit (try banana, apple or strawberries, yum!)
- Golden Oreos – You can use regular Golden Oreos or Easter Egg Oreos if your store has them.
- Butter waffles– You can get butter waffle cookies or just break up waffle ice cream cones in bigger pieces.
Swaps for Peeps
This is the hardest part to swap, because the colorful marshmallows make it feel like easter. But if you’re having trouble finding enough peeps, here are a few ideas.
- Colorful marshmallows– You can often find colorful marshmallows in the baking section, especially in spring and summer but sometimes in the candy aisle too.
- Alternate peeps and marshmallows– If you don’t have enough peeps, you can alternate regular or mini marshmallows. With big regular marshmallows, I like to cut them in half so they aren’t too thick.
- Marshmallow fluff– You can spread a layer of marshmallow fluff on top and decorate with just a few Peeps or top with easter sprinkles after it comes out of the oven.
Swaps For Chocolate Chips
You can swap a few different things for the melted chocolate chips in this recipe. A few of these ideas also work mixed in with a little less chocolate in the pan.
- Any chopped chocolate– Have a few chocolate bars? A giant chocolate Easter Bunny? Any chopped chocolate can be used in the bottom of the pan.
- Butterscotch chips– I like to swap out a cup of these for chocolate
- White chocolate chips– These can swap out cup for cup for chocolate chips. You can also chop white chocolate.
- Peanut Butter– You can add a few tablespoons of peanut butter spread out around the pan. Peanut butter candies mixed in also work just fine.
What Kind Of Pan Should I Use?
You can use any oven-safe dish for this recipe. I like using a glass pie plate. but other dishes work too. You can line the bottom of any dish with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- A small glass rectangular baking dish
- A brownie pan
- A loaf pan
- A cast-iron oven-safe skillet
Can I Make This Marshmallow Peeps S’mores Dip Creamier?
Adding 1/2 cup of warm heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips will make your dip even creamier! Use a whisk to blend the chocolate chips into the warm heavy whipping cream, then top with Peeps and bake.
How Long Can I Leave This Peeps Dip Out On The Table?
While most dips you eventually have to worry about if they’ve been out too long, the ingredients in this dip aren’t perishable. No need to refrigerate the leftovers with this dip. (Note- If you add the heavy whipping cream, you will need to refrigerate)
You may need to heat this dip back up again though if you leave it out for a long time. Just pop it back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until it is melty again.
Love decadent desserts? Try these recipes too!
Chocolate Whoopie Pies With Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
Bursting Blueberry Mini Galletes (Pies!)
Fresh Raspberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Is this Peeps S’mores dip only for Easter?
Nope, peeps are available for lots of different holidays and in lots of different shapes. (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, even Fourth Of July has fun themed Peeps.)
You can make this dip year-round, and just change the colors and shapes of the marshmallows for whatever holiday you’re celebrating. Rainbow colors work great to make a unicorn dip!
Peeps S'mores Dip
- 25 Peeps marshmallows
- 3 Cups chocolate chips
- 4-6 Ounces Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour milk chocolate morsels into a round pie plate in an even layer.
- Top milk chocolate with peeps marshmallows.
- Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes. The chocolate will be melted and the peeps will be slightly golden.
- Serve with graham crackers or your favorite butter cookies.
Did you make this recipe? Tell me about what you used in the comments, leave me a star review to help others find this recipe or tag me on Instagram @onmykidsplate.