Halloween snacks for kids or parties are a blast, but not many are protein packed like these spooky ghost hard boiled eggs. When the kids head off for the day or for Trick or Treat, you want to get something in their bellies that might hold them a bit longer.
These adorable ghost hard boiled eggs are easy, and the perfect little surprise when I have literally only have a few minutes.
If you keep hard boiled eggs regularly in your fridge, these ghosts will come together even quicker for a snack!
How To Make Spooky Ghost Hard Boiled Eggs Snacks For Halloween
I wasn’t kidding when I said these ghost hard boiled eggs are easy. If you can boil an egg, you can absolutely make these fun ghosts for Halloween, or just to nestle into a spooky lunchbox.
How Long To Cook Harboiled Eggs
The first time I made these it took me a bit longer, but that was because my eggs were runny. Turns out when you forget how longs the eggs have been in the water, they aren’t always cooked and they can make a big gloppy mess on your cutting board. Make sure you cook your eggs for a minimum of twelve minutes and you will be smooth sailing! 😉
How To Make Easy To Peel Hardboiled Eggs For Ghosts
Another thing that can make these eggs go even faster is to have an easy to peel shell. I wrote another post about How To Make Easy To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs as this is something I struggled with for a while. I got a little tired of crunching eggshells, and the tips in that post will help you to stop having crunchy bits in your eggs too.
What Supplies Do You Need To Make These Ghost Eggs?
Once your eggs are boiled all you need is a straw, a sharp knife and a carrot to make some spooky eyes. Because glowing eyes are part of the fun for this ghost. I’ve also made a quick video!
Other Spooky Halloween Snacks And Treats
- 30+ Healthy Halloween Party Food Snacks Kids Will Love
- Easy Halloween Clementine Smoothie
- Peanutbutter Celery Halloween Spiders
- Super-Cute Cherry Mummy Hand Pies
Halloween Ghost Hard Boiled Egg Party Snacks
- Hard boiled Egg
- Peel hardboiled egg gently with your hands.
- Slice bottom off egg so egg will stand on end
- Use the plastic drinking straw to poke holes in the egg for ghost eyes and mouth.
- Slice a tiny piece off of your carrot. Slice it smaller until you have two pieces that are smaller than the holes.
- Pop tiny pieces of carrots into eye holes. Enjoy!
- To make peeling your eggs easier, add a little vinegar to the water. To make your hard-boiled eggs less likely to crack while boiling, add a little salt to the water.
- When making the holes, push straw all the way in through the white section to the yolk. Squeeze egg out of straw between making each hole.
- Carrot bits could easily be substituted with bell pepper for other colors of eyes.
So easy peasy right? Does your house like boiled eggs? Let me (and others) know how much you loved these adorable little hard-boiled egg ghost snacks by leaving me a star rating and a comment!