These no mayo deviled eggs are perfectly creamy and balanced in all the right ways. With just six easy ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up this recipe up for an appetizer in no time.
I have a confession to make- I don’t really like mayo very much. I rarely keep mayo in the house.
In fact the last time I needed just a little bit of mayo, I trudged next door to my neighbor’s house and asked to borrow some from her. It felt a little like a sitcom. I sent her back a plate of food in thanks.
So I can’t remember the last time I made deviled eggs with mayonnaise. Plus when you eat deviled eggs, it’s really easy to eat them in about two bites. I can’t be the only one. So instead I make greek yogurt deviled eggs with plain yogurt and they are delicious!
What ingredients do you need to make these deviled eggs?
So instead of making regular deviled eggs, mine always have a little extra tanginess to them because I use plain greek yogurt to make yogurt deviled eggs! Here’s what you need:
- 6 Large hard-boiled eggs- hard-boiled with shells removed- using older eggs is one way to make them easier to peel. Check out how to make hard-boiled eggs here
- ⅓ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoon sweet pickle relish- adds so much flavor!
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard- yellow mustard works too in a pinch, but I like dijon a lot more for the flavor.
- ¼ teaspoon Salt – This can be to your taste, add more or less if you like
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper – This can be to your taste, add more or less if you like
- Paprika (Optional)- This is to garnish at the end, smoked paprika brings out even more flavor if you have it.
How To Make Deviled Eggs Without Mayo
- Peel and Slice– Start by peeling the hard-boiled eggs. Next cut egg all in half.
- Separate– Separate the egg yolks from the whites, holding onto the whites for later
- Mix– Mix your other ingredients in with the egg yolks and a fork, you can also mix them with a food processor to make them extra smooth.
- Fill– Fill the egg whites with the yellow filling you made. Garnish with paprika for color.
How To Make Easy To Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs
This recipe does start with hardboiled eggs, which you can make with my tried and true, easy to peel Hard Boiled Egg Recipe here.
How long will the eggs keep?
Expect that these deviled eggs will last about 3-4 days in the refrigerator. If I’m making these eggs for a party or gathering, I usually make them the night before.
If these eggs have been left out on a buffet table, I wouldn’t recommend leaving them out more then about two hours before sliding them back in the fridge.
How To Pipe Deviled Eggs With A Plastic Bag
I honestly most of the time just spoon the filling into my eggs. Sometimes I will make them fancier for a special party. If you want that perfect swirl you can make it with a plastic zip-top bag if you don’t have a piping bag. (though you can totally use a piping bag like for frosting if you have one!)
- Place the tip of a freezer zip-top bag in a large tall glass. A 16 ounce glass works great.
- Open up the bag and fold it over the outside of the glass.
- Use a spoon to push the egg yolk mixture into the bag.
- Push the air out of the bag and seal the zip-top. With a pair of scissors, snip the corner of the bag just a little. You can always make the hole bigger if you need to.
- Pipe swirls into your egg whites, top with a sprinkle of paprika.
No Mayo Deviled Eggs
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Medium bowl
- Fork (or food processor)
- 6 Large hard boiled eggs hard-boiled with shells removed
- ⅓ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoon Sweet pickle relish
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard yellow mustard works too, but dijon has more flavor
- ¼ teaspoon Salt – divided
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Paprika (Optional)
- Peel 6 large hard boiled eggs. Slice each egg in half the long direction. Remove the yolks with a spoon and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the yogurt, pickle relish, mustard, salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Use a fork to blend the ingredients until smooth.
- With a spoon, carefully add the yolk mixture back into the egg whites to fill each egg white.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on each egg. This is optiional, but tastes delicious and makes a beautiful garnish.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment and be sure to give it a star rating too!