Upgrade and make a creative peanut butter sandwich into an amazing lunch using these peanut butter and jelly sandwich ideas list! Who says classic peanut butter and grape jelly is the only way to go? Try some of these other peanut butter sandwich ideas that are fun for kids or just kids at heart.
We’ve been home a lot more which has meant a few more peanut butter jelly sandwiches at our house.
But after a while, just like everything has in 2020, we got bored with even our best lunch ideas. That’s when we started getting creative with our good ol’ peanut butter and jelly sandwich and started mixing up this classic.
Check out this ultimate list of Peanut butter and jelly ideas for your next lunch! Here are some ideas to try….
Try Different Kinds of Jelly Or Jam
These jams and jelly flavors make a peanut butter jelly sandwich pop!
- Apple Jelly
- Triple Berry Jam or Jelly
- Pomegranate Jam
- Blackberry Jam
- Pear jam
- Strawberry jam
- Cherry Jam
Change Up The Jelly for Fresh Fruit
Here are a few fruit ideas to slide into your pbj to use instead of jam, but still gives your sandwich that fruity flavor.
- Pomegranate seeds
- Apple slices
- Pear slices
Try adding a sprinkle or drizzle of something crunchy, sweet or tangy!
- Smear on some marshmallow fluff
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup
- Or a drizzle of honey
- Add bacon
- Add pickles to your sandwich
- Dice celery and sprinkle raisins
- Sprinkles make life fun
- Add granola
- Or dried cranberries
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips
Weird and creative ways to make a PBJ
- Smear peanut butter on my blueberry bread recipe
- Grill the peanut butter and jelly in a pan like a grilled cheese
- Make healthy no-bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls and have with fresh fruit
- Slide your PBJ into the air fryer!
- Add a smear of peanut butter and jelly to pancakes
- Or add peanut butter and jelly to waffles
- Try peanut butter and jelly on french toast!
- What about dipping pretzels into pbJ?
- Roll it in a tortilla to make a burrito similar to these
- Make it triple decker!
- Drizzle peanut butter and jelly over ice cream!
- Or get really creative with this easy owl snack on graham crackers for kids!
- Add PBJ to a bagel
- Some people swear by adding potato chips
- Add some jelly on top of these peanut butter chocolate rice krispie treats!
Swap out the peanut butter for…
- Almond butter
- Cashew butter
- Pumpkin seed butter
- Sunflower seed butter
- Multi-nut butter
- Or try Crunchy Peanut Butter!
Peanut butter and jelly makes a great breakfast too, but so do these other ideas. Check out my list of breakfast ideas for kids too!
Do you have a favorite way to make peanut butter and jelly? Share it down in the comments!