These cucumber hummus appetizers are a hit at parties and make a delicious finger food! Made with crisp cucumber, creamy hummus dip and flavorful roasted red peppers, everyone will love this tasty bite! This hummus appetizer recipe is super easy to customize and makes a great healthy snack for any party.
Cucumber Hummus Appetizers- Ready For A Party!
*This post may contain affiliate links to products we love. See our affiliate policy here.
I’m totally obsessed with fresh snack ideas, appetizers and finger foods that I can throw together fast for a party. Whether it’s for Christmas and the holidays, a birthday party a baby shower, game day or even a summer party, these are the best little appetizers. I love how these little cucumber hummus appetizers can go with everything!
I often throw a bunch of veggies on a platter with a bowl of hummus dip, but sometimes I like to throw together something a little more creative.
Crisp cucumbers, creamy hummus and flavorful roasted peppers has everyone eating well. They feel fancy, but only take a few minutes to make.
Sign up for our email list. We'll send you the
"Bring On Dinner" Ebook
Our secret planner that makes meal planning easier, free!
I call them cucumber hummus appetizers because my daughter often asks for more cucumber and no feta. It’s super easy to swap it on a few bites.
She helps me decorate the rest of these bites with “feta and pepper sprinkles” on the rest of the cucumber hummus bites. It’s fun for kids to help make this easy recipe (and to eat it too!)
Looking to feed a crowd? I’ve got some great snack ideas you can find at Costco. Those sweet potato crackers go great with hummus dip too!
How To Make Cucumber Hummus Bite Appetizers
- Step 1– Thaw frozen Fillo cups for at least ten minutes on your countertop before filling.
- Step 2– Chop the cucumbers, roasted bell pepper strips into small diced pieces, a little smaller than bite-sized.
- Step 3– Remove stems from parsley and dice into small pieces.
- Step 4– Fill each phyllo cup about two-thirds full of hummus.
- Step 5 – Sprinkle a few pieces of cucumber, feta, pepper and parsley on the top of the hummus in each cup. Enjoy!
Cucumber Hummus Cup Variations
Substitute your favorite flavor of hummus dip- I’ve used roasted red pepper but original, garlic, sundried tomato, olive or any Greek-style flavor is delicious. Try it with everything bagel seasoning hummus if you can get your hands on it!
Cucumbers– For this recipe, I prefer using small baby cucumbers (in a bag or on a foam tray) or the (usually plastic-wrapped) English cucumbers. Regular slicing cucumbers often have thicker skin that is a little more bitter, especially in the colder months when cucumber is often grown in a greenhouse. If regular slicing cucumbers are what you have, peel the skin to prepare a better-tasting appetizer.
Roasted Red Peppers– You can substitute fresh bell pepper and dice it to add on top. I stick to yellow, orange or red bell peppers as they are sweeter, green bell peppers have more bite.
Tomatoes– You can also substitute chopped sundried tomatoes for roasted red peppers. Sweet cherry tomatoes cut into small pieces can also be added and are delicious!
Fillo Cups– I find these Fillo cups in the freezer section (I like Athen’s Brand), usually near-frozen pie crusts or near other greek frozen foods. You can fill the Fillo cups with all kinds of dip, both savory or sweet! For some brands, they use the spelling Phyllo.
If you can’t find Fillo cups, you could also add these toppings to crunchy pita chips, slices of pita bread, mini bites of naan bread, or use any other flatbread.
You can also roll the ingredients in a wrap and slice for party bites!
Lower Carb- For a lower-carb version you can skip the Fillo cups and portion all the ingredients right onto a slice of cucumber. Use large cucumbers so you have plenty of room for toppings.
How To Keep The Fillo Cups From Getting Soft
If you leave wet ingredients in fillo cups for a long time, they can eventually become soft. I wouldn’t suggest leaving these appetizers out all day, but they are great for serving up fast!
If you’re trying to prepare these yummy appetizers ahead of time, pre-chop your veggies to save time. Then assemble your appetizers right before serving. These snacks assemble FAST.
How Do I Prepare And Store Frozen Fillo Cups?
Thaw frozen Fillo cups for ten minutes on the countertop before filling with hummus. No need to bake Fillo cups, as the appetizer is a cold appetizer. Frozen Fillo cups can also be stored unfilled in the fridge or at room temperature in an airtight container for a few days.
How To Store This Appetizer
Pre-chop your ingredients and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Defrost your Fillo cups for at least ten minutes before serving. Assemble appetizer right before serving.
- 15 count-Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 Cup Hummus- Roasted Red Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 1-2 Mini English Cucumbers
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Thaw frozen Fillo cups for at least ten minutes on your countertop before filling.
- Chop the cucumbers, roasted bell pepper strips into small diced pieces, a little smaller than bite-sized.
- Remove stems from parsley and dice into small pieces.
- Fill each phyllo cup about two-thirds full of hummus.
- Sprinkle a few pieces of cucumber, feta, pepper and parsley on the top of the hummus in each cup. Enjoy!
- I prefer using small baby cucumbers or the (usually) plastic-wrapped English cucumbers. Regular slicing cucumbers often have thicker skin that is a little more bitter, especially is the skin is really dark green. If standard cucumbers are what you have, you may want to peel the skin or some of the skin for a better-tasting appetizer.
- Fillo cups are often found in the freezer section near the pie crusts, or sometimes near other greek frozen appetizers.
- Get creative with your hummus flavors. I've used roasted red pepper hummus, but so many of the flavors available will be delicious in this appetizer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition amounts are an estimate for your convenience and may vary based on the individual ingredient brands used in your kitchen.
Did you make these delicious cucumber hummus bite appetizers? Leave a star rating to help others find this recipe and tell me about how much you loved it in the comments!