This Frankenstein Guacamole platter is perfect for a party or for snacking. Impress your guests, kids and adults with this fun, monster shaped guacamole platter perfect for Halloween!
The ingredients can vary a little more for this recipe, but here’s what I used. Find the full recipe at the bottom of the page in the recipe card.
For the Guacamole
- Tomato– I like romas because they are pretty flavorful, but any ripe tomato works.
- Onion– If you don’t like a lot of bite, try sweet onions
- Cilantro- This could be left out if you aren’t a cilantro fan, I sometimes substitute dried oregano to give the guacamole a bit more flavor.
For the Decorations
- Blue tortilla chips- Gives Frankenstein’s hair a dark look
- Black olives
- Sour cream
- Red bell pepper
- Carrot shreds
If you are missing something for the decorations, get creative with veggies you have on hand in your own fridge!
Need more Halloween food ideas for your party? Check it out my giant list of 30+ Healthy Halloween Snacks.
What to dip in the guacamole?
The chips for the hair make a great dipper, but you may want to add a few extra items nearby perfect for dipping too.
- Any tortilla chip or corn chip
- Slices of bell pepper– You can slice up the rest of the bell pepper from decorating the guacamole, and add an extra too
- Carrot sticks
- Sugar snap peas
- Pita chips
These are the most common things I would serve with guacamole. There are a few more great dipper ideas on my What To Eat With Hummus article if you need a few more ideas! Dippers that work for hummus will also totally work for guacamole.
Hope you and your family have a fun Halloween, and the Frankenstein Guacamole make it extra fun!
Love spooky treats? These fast and easy Mummy Halloween Hand Pies are another great Halloween party treat!
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Large platter
- Zip top bag
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup Onion minced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro minced
- ½ Jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 Lime
- 3 Medium avocados ripe
- 12 Ounces Blue corn tortilla chips 11 or 12 ounce bag works for this guacamole
- 4 Sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon Sour cream
- ⅛ Cup Red bell pepper sliced thin
- ⅛ Cup Carrot matchsticks shreds or matchstick stile slices
- Dice the roma tomato and onion with a sharp knife and a cutting board into small pieces. Mince the garlic and cilantro into small pieces. Set ingredients to the side.
- Slive the avocados in half with a sharp knife, then remove the pits. With a spoon, scoop out the avocado into a large bowl. With a fork (or a pastry cutter) mash the avocado until smooth.
- Mix the tomato, onion, garlic, cilantor, and optional avocado into the guacamole with a spoon. Squeeze the juice from half of a lime into the guacamole, being careful not to drop any seeds into the mixture.
- Spread the avocado onto a large plate in a large rectangle evenly
- Decorate the guacamole! Add blue corn chips for hair, starting at the top of the platter. Layer them with the main point facing down. Add black olives sliced for eyes and neck bolts.
- Place the sour cream in a small zip-top back and snip the corner. Use the bag of sour cream to draw the pupils for Frankenstein.
- Slice the red pepper into thin slices and use the pepper to make a scar or two. Use shreds of carrot to make the mouth.
- Serve and enjoy! This guacmole is best served immediatly! Guacamole can sometimes discolor within a day, or if the area is warm.
Did you make this Frankenstein Guacamole? Rate the recipe and share about it in the comments!