Smoked chicken sausage and roasted vegetables is a fast weeknight meal that is full of protein and delicious for the whole family. Cooked all on one sheetpan, this easy dinner has little prep work, is easy to swap out vegetables you have on hand, and can be thrown together with few ingredients.
At our house is a favorite with my family and I like that I can throw most of this meal on one pan and cook it up fast. You can also chop the ingredients ahead of time to save yourself time at dinner.
Quick Weeknight Smoked Chicken Apple Sausage And Roasted Veggies
I’ve made this dinner on the stovetop before too in a sautee pan, which works well when it’s really hot outside. I think it’s easier most of the time to roast all the vegetables and sausage together in the oven for a quick dinner. It means less hand-on cooking time!
If you love quick and easy dinners try my turkey burger sliders. These easy Oven Baked Pork and Zucchini Meatballs can also be prepped ahead and frozen, then they cook fast for a weeknight dinner. My black bean salsa soup is another meal that is so fast and works great for weeknigths.
Roasting was already my favorite way to cook fresh veggies for my family. The flavor always comes out so nicely and we love veggies often with a bit of crunch.
Is Smoked Chicken Sausage Cooked
Smoked meats of all kinds including chicken sausage are cooked. Other kinds of smoked sausages, salami, ham, jerky, pepperoni are already cooked meats that simply need to be warmed up. These meats in a meal do taste better when you can brown them and make them a little more crispy on a pan.
This Meal Seams Dry, What Sauce Can I Add To It?
If you prefer a dinner with a sauce you can toss the chicken sausage and veggies in teriyaki sauce, orange sauce, or another Asian flavored sauce at the end of cooking it. Adding a little bit of a vinaigrette dressing at the end is also a delicious choice and pairs well with the meal.
What Can I Serve This Meal With?
Here are a few ideas of what to pair this chicken sausage with.
- Rice– Brown, white or flavored
- Potatoes– Sweet potatoes, roasted potatoes, baked potatoes
- Pasta– This mix does throw over pasta easily
- Salad– You can add a salad on the side
- Cauliflower Rice– I like to use frozen cauliflower rice and sautee until warm with a little butter for flavor.
- Bread– You can serve bread or rolls and butter on the side, or even garlic bread
- Corn On The Cob– You can boil corn on the cob up fast for a quick side.
- Fruit– When it’s warm out I like to add watermelon or other fruit on the side.
Is Smoked Chicken Sausage Healthy?
Smoked chicken sausage is usually leaner then other smoked sausages in it’s fat content. It is a healthier substitute to regular sausage that adds a lot of flavor, but is still a form of sausage. This can be a healthier choice than regular sausage in a balanced diet.
Picking smoked sausage that is nitrate free and free of fillers or additives can also be a healthier choice.
Other Chicken Dinners You’ll Love
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks– Make the vegetables right on the same pan with this meal too.
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos– This is a family favorite, and so easy!
Smoked Chicken Sausage And Roasted Vegetables
- Cookie sheets
- Cutting board
- Foil or parchment paper
- 4 Links Smoked Chicken Sausages Pork sausage can easily be subsituted. Raw chicken sausage can be substituted but cooking times may be lengthend
- 2 heads Broccoli approximately two cups chopped
- 1 medium Bell Pepper red, orange or yellow have the best flavor. Green bell peppers can also be used, but may be slightly more bitter.
- .5 sweet onion
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powdered or granulated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .5 teaspoon pepper
- pan spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay foil or parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and spray with a light layer of pan spray.
- Slice chicken sausage and chop all veggies. Place in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and all spices over top of veggies and chicken sausage. Mix well with hands.
- Cook in the oven for 17-22 minutes stirring once halfway through. Veggies will be cooked but still crisp, and sausage will be hot.
Have you ever made a sheet pan meal? I’d love to hear if you make this chicken sausage and veggies recipe in the comments!